Athena Alliance Program
Removing Barriers to Specialized Neurology Testing
Athena Diagnostics is committed to making diagnostic testing more accessible and more affordable for all patients. Athena Diagnostics recognizes the unique challenges of patients facing various diseases and conditions and is dedicated to personalizing and simplifying customer service, including a new tiered financial assistance program. On September 1, 2014, Athena launched the Athena Alliance Program that was created to expand patient access to a variety of diagnostic methodologies and testing, especially those with esoteric disorders.
The Athena Alliance Program is focused on providing patient-centric customer service. Each patient has an individual specialist and a team of dedicated personnel to support them from the time of test ordering through to the test results.
The path to a cure starts with a definitive diagnosis. By expanding access to critical testing, we can walk that path together.
Customer and Patient Support
For the Patient, the Patient’s Family and the Patient’s Physician
Our Athena Alliance Patient Services Department will provide personalized services from start to finish.
- Personal Service - Each patient will have an assigned specialist and team of dedicated personnel to support them from the time a test is ordered through the entire billing cycle. We provide answers for our patient’s, provide guidance, and work proactively with their physician.
- Letters of Medical Necessity - We will work with physician practices on test selection options to balance costs and clinical value. Additionally we will aid their submit letters of medical necessity to the patient’s insurance company and to obtain determination of patient financial responsibility if available.
- Billing Support - We will bill a patient’s insurance and file appeals as appropriate and maintain a partnership with the physician office staff supporting the approval process.
Together these services are designed to provide the patient, the family and the physician greater transparency and support as important choices are made about testing.
Financial Assistance Support
All States, All Plans, All Patients and Practices, All Steps of the Process
Athena’s new tiered financial assistance program is based on income levels, with improved financial assistance for families up to 600% of Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
The Athena Alliance Program provides patients tailored financial solutions based on federally published income guidelines to any insured or uninsured patient who qualifies financially and has a balance that exceeds $250:
- Patients who have incomes of 100% or less of the HHS income guidelines will pay no more than $250
- Patients who have incomes greater than 100% but less than or equal to 400% of income guidelines will be responsible for 20% of responsibility, not to exceed $600
- Patients who have incomes greater than 400% but less than or equal to 600% of income guidelines will pay no more than $800
Athena handles all billing of insurance and will file appeals, as needed, on behalf of the patient. Athena tailors financial assistance solutions for patients in all 50 U.S. states, regardless of insurer
, based on current published Federal Household Income guidelines